Gift of Despair_PROJECT Gift of Despair_PROJECT

At first I was like... Ugh... Then I was like... Mmmm... Then I was like... I want the full version :)

FFVII Music has gotten such a remix bashing over the many years since the classic game was out so it's hard not to be a bit critical when the old-school MIDI music is so good but I'm glad to say this is one of the few remixes I won't be bashing with patriotic purism for the old version.

Now, hurry up and make the full version for us lowly NG Peons!

When Drums Collide When Drums Collide

Excuse Me

I didn't particularly want to post anything or rate but one of your comments made me want to say something.

You responded to a person below who rightfully claimed that this isn't Drum'n'Bass because it has no bass with "This is still dnb as it has a dnb beat."

Have to say that is bullshit, mate - It's not called Drum'n'BASS just because it has a particular drum beat - Thats like offering someone Apple Crumble without the Crumble, in which case it's just mushed up Apple.

Compliments for the composition and the beat, but without Bass this is just a hollow sounding empty track that doesn't fit the genre you brand it as.

Not trying to bash you and as far as criticism goes, you can take it or leave it, but I do find myself getting aggravated when people make the assumption that a tune can slot into a genre because it contains half of it's meaning - Methinks that if there WAS some Bass pumped into this track, it'd be far more appealing and interesting but again, as said, I just find it empty in it's current state sadly.

Keep at it, though.

-Control: Mind- -Control: Mind-

Thank you.

As always I pick a week in the month to catch up on all the new work of various artists on Newgrounds and I came across your collection... Bit strange how it's only now I realised you've changed your name (Actually had one of the songs you released under your previous name).

Long story short I finally got around to going through your collection and I have to say it's so very impressive, this one becoming a new favourite of mine (such a meaty, gritty foot-tapper) and it's what inspired me to go back to music making yet again.

While I doubt I'd ever release anything of this tremendous quality, it'd have been wrong of me not to post a review and give my thanks for your awesome work which I'm sure has inspired more than just myself. Keep it up... For all our sakes ;)

*Game Over* [IZK] -Saw Theme *Game Over* [IZK] -Saw Theme

Pretty Empty.

Not to be overly critical, but as a fan of the original tune (which doesn't hang around), I found myself fast-forwarding once the intro/lead up hit the 1minute mark and was pretty gutted and dissapointed from then on as the original has a lot of impact and a very full-sound (without the percussion and added effects of this remix), exciting, creepy, tense... I loved the idea of a more upbeat remix of the tune, but this just sounds really empty in comparison - It's not bad and a lot of people will get a kick out of it, but I personally think you could have done so much better with this track :/

Jenni-Harry4eva3 responds:

Ah yes. Yeaahh.. I had that kind of feeling as well. =/ I was pretty disappointed after I listened to it a few times... it doesn't have that super impact that the original has. As Mitrox stated before you, it's like Saw on Ballerina lol. I know.. the intro is way too long. =/ I probably could have done better... but, thanks for you review. I hope to fix this =)

~[IZK]

FF7 Battle theme DnB mix FF7 Battle theme DnB mix

Agree.

First of all I'm a fan of quite a lot of FF-Music and the idea of DnB mixing the classic FFVII track had me instantly click the link to this tune.

Sadly, even playing this at high-volume with my headphones, you get very little oomph out of it. The tune and the effects you added so far are good, but of little volume. You can hear the zip-zap/clicking noises over most of the actual synth (Not good). DnB is all about the Drums & Bass complimented by the tune, so if you ever re-release this with way more bass, volume on the FFVII track and maybe a more varied beat then this would be perfect and I'd love to hear it.

AuxiliaryInput responds:

ok so:

Bassier bass
More variation to the beat
Better mixing (volume of stuff)

Right?

Loving the suggestions. I really want to make this sound good. So far I think it sounds good but I don't really listen to DnB that often so I don't really have a clue.

ParagonX9 - Metropolis [8-Bit] ParagonX9 - Metropolis [8-Bit]

Retro Love!

Game-Music is one of my most honored preferences - I've enjoyed many tunes as far back as C64/Spectrum up to Amiga, NES, consoles and the PC.

All I can say is, if I was to be sitting here, merrily bopping through a classic oldie game with a tune like this playing, my appreciation for that game would increase ten-fold.

This is a very enjoyable track and if it's your first 8-Bit, then that can only mean there will be far superior tracks like it in the future from you - And I'll look forward to hearing them :)

|2008| Minor Issues |2008| Minor Issues

Yikes!

Right, well.
First of all as explained in my Dusted comment and PM, I certainly never even remotely considered my tune to fit with Rap, especially not of the theme from the lyrics you sent.

It's largely because my tune was made to be relaxing, upbeat mellow - Thanks to the way it was made there was even debate by people as to what genre the tune was, later they settled on Trip-Hop... But to be honest I don't really know.

All I do know is that you've taken it on your wing and actually RAPPED to it... By default I don't like Rap (I generally like the beat / tune that goes with it, but never the rap style over it) but I agreed 100% to this because I loved the idea of my tune being revamped, and I have to say even I really like it, and thank you for using my tune.

You're right, though - Methinks with a bit more volume in your voice it'd certainly better the overall product, but you did a great job keeping in tune with the wavey style of the track.

5/5 + 10/10 - Trying not to be biased, but hey, I can't help it if I like it ^^

Great job, mate!

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Impact ParagonX9 - Chaoz Impact

!!!

Just happened to catch this on the list a few days back - Figured I'd download it and listen to it at some stage...

Few days later and I'm still listening to it over and over - Love it!

Halloween FX Halloween FX

Nice!

Nice to finally open up an audio-page and automatically enjoy what's on show - Haven't heard the rest in the 'chart' at the moment but even so, I'd have no gripe with this being up top at the moment - Make more, please ^^

axeFX responds: